Monday, January 26, 2009

Should Republicans hope for Obama to fail?

That was the big question all weekend after Rush Limbaugh said "I hope he fails". Isn't that being a hypocrite? Didn't Rush and most Republicans say you have to support our President especially when the country is at war? So what's good for them doesn't apply when a Democrat is in power? Conservatives, if they were fair, should be rushing (no pun intended) to Obama's defense, and yet they're silent! Well the headlines and news shows covered the story as "I hope he fails", but what did Limbaugh actually say? He actually wants Obama's policy proposal to fail. If the Government does nothing, that would be far better than adding 825 billion to our headache.
If you believe in smaller government than you have to hope Obama fails, because if he succeeds in passing his proposal, it will hurt the country. Now if he gets it passed and spends the 825 billion only a fool would say I hope that the stimulus package fails, because then you are rooting against America, not Obama. I have no ill will towards Obama. I have voluminous ill will for his proposals. I know the bigger the government, the bigger the problems. They have proven consistently for 200 years they are inept at running anything. From DMV, to medicare, to social security, to their own cafeteria. Which taxpayers had to subsidize. No matter what government takes over, it never goes well. So why would I want them in charge of our healthcare, the auto industry, the banks, our energy etc?

No comments:

Follow me on Twitter

    follow me on Twitter

    About Me

    My photo
    This is my serious "self portrait" that I created in my bathroom. I have since shaved the beard but am too busy blogging to redo my self portrait.

    Followers